VirtualBox tour: Debian Squeeze 6.0.4

Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 | | In , ,

I decided to try installing Debian Squeeze (6.0.4) in a VirtualBox this afternoon.  After hearing Fab from Linux Outlaws talk happily about Debian, I thought I'd give it a shot.  Things did not go well.

Debian and I do not get along.  I guess I'm too used to Ubuntu's user-friendly style (and perhaps too brain-tired at the moment) to deal with bull like 'you are not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be reported.' I've set up Mepis, which is built, I think, on Debian, but managed to set it up so I didn't get scolded by my own *expletive deleted* machine.  Also, Gnome 2 is HIDEOUS.  As in, 'Oh $deity, my eyes!' I'd forgotten how brain-tearingly ugly it is.

Casualties: a few hours' download time during install.  Got the hard drive space back when I deleted the thing.

Poop on you, Debian. XP

Comments (0)

Post a Comment